[radeon] Hardcoded DRIVER_DATE?

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 19 05:15:14 PDT 2010

[ Changed CC to new ML-address @ fd.o ]

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 11:30 +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
[...]
>> Do changes in radeon_drv.c (KMS-wrapper) require also a version-bump
>> in the header-file?
>> I think yes.
>

> No they don't. KMS and UMS drivers are separate.
>
> I referred to bumping the date as lazy, we rarely bothered doing it in
> the past.

Only to clarify:

radeon_drv.h contains all version-informations (version, date,
changelog) for the radeon UserModeSetting driver and radeon_drv.c the
same for KernelModeSetting part?

If that is the case, it would be good to maintain a KMS_DRIVER_DATE
define and change accordingly in ".date = DRIVER_DATE" line(s) - not
sure if both lines or only one of them.

Positive side-effect could be people don't forget to bump the driver-date.

[radeon_drv.c]
#define KMS_DRIVER_MAJOR	2
#define KMS_DRIVER_MINOR	3
#define KMS_DRIVER_PATCHLEVEL	0