r127 w/ KMS on PPC?

Alex Buell alex.buell at munted.org.uk
Thu Apr 22 05:17:39 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 20:38 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > Any further reading would be tremendously helpful.
> >

> It should be pretty easy to get kms going with r128 by integrating it
> into the radeon drm and ddx.  The hard part will be porting the r128
> 3D driver to kms.  Also, kms support for r128-based macs will be a bit
> trickier than x86 because the boards don't have an x86 video bios.
> You may have to look at the xf86-video-r128 ddx and atyr128 kernel fb
> driver for properly setting up the cards without an x86 bios.  Let me
> know if you have any questions.

I'm making good progress, moving stuff around, tacking on the KMS driver
and its fops on top of the r128 drivers, fixing up things. I think it'll
be a few days before the KMS stuff is integrated and even then it might
crash first time it's loaded.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

One very high maintenance cat living here.