RV630 KMS PM info on tables requested

Klaus Doblmann B.A. klaus.doblmann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:20:40 PDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:06:41 -0400
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> enable/disable dynpm:
> echo 1 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/dynpm
>
> force a static power state:
> echo 1.0 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_state
>
> Alex

Oh, now that you've mentioned it, I've noticed I've been using sysfs
for years in my customized fan-script for my machine without knowing^^

Thanks for clearing that up!

> > PS: On another note, is the KMS PM code supposed to work with r100
> > chips (Mobility 7500)? I've tried it yesterday and the machine (IBM
> > T40) hardlocks when loading GDM (Ubuntu 10.04, 2.6.34-rc5 without any
> > additional patches).
> >

> In theory, although I haven't had time to test older chips much yet.
>
> Alex

I'll test the new patches ith .34-rc6 on the weekend too and will
report back. Whenever you need a testcase for ancient r100 hardware
feel free to mail me (I'll be reading the list too)

Klaus

--
Klaus Doblmann B.A. - http://straightrazorguy.net - FSF member #7570
PGP-Key: http://www.doblmann.de/pgp_key.asc