DRM stable updates beyond 2.6.33.6

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Mon Aug 9 00:40:33 PDT 2010

On 08/08/2010 07:25 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> David,
>
> As you know, Debian and Ubuntu (and others?) opted to use 2.6.32 as the
> basis for a stable release but to take DRM from 2.6.33.  Now that the
> stable 2.6.33 series is over, we need some other means to communicate
> the most important bug fixes for DRM that should go into these
> distributions.  Do you have any suggestions for how we should to this?
> Could you maintain a drm-2.6.33 branch?
>
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

actually I am already maintaining a branch which combines the 2.6.32.y tree
with a 2.6.33 base of drm which I now moved forward to have .34 patches of drm
included. I intended to go ahead like Greg does for .27 and get as much of the
later stable patches back into that tree. If I miss something, please let me know.

-Stefan

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=summary