[REGRESSION, i915]: Periodic stalls with 2.6.36-rc2

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Aug 25 17:15:20 PDT 2010

Chris Wilson wrote:

> > > That should now be fixed in -intel,
> >
> > Sounds good! I'd love to test. Which branch/commit is that?
>
> Master with -vo xv should be good, if it doesn't hang.

Doesn't hang, mplayer says:

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

over and over, with a window just showing the blue overlay keying.
I'm still working on the merge with your overlay branch.

> > Incidentally, apropos the backlight commit
>
> That wasn't meant to be pushed. :( I was working on rectifying lack
> of backlight controls in on T61 and trying to reduce the number of
> pieces of code trying to accomplish the same thing through
> different means. I thought that work was contained on the T61...

It could be - the resetting backlight thing happened also before the
backlight commit. Before pulling I was using the directly preceding
commit.

//Peter