Intel DRM driver for SNB

Segovia, Benjamin benjamin.segovia at intel.com
Fri Dec 10 20:14:36 PST 2010

Thanks for the answer

I actually have no a rather simple prototype doing shared memory between CPU and GPU. Basically:
1/ I create a buffer B
2/ I map B and get a pointer to it
3/ I exec a batch buffer with B still mapped (ugly) and B pointed via a surface state internally
4/ CPU and GPU are communicating throught B

To make things cleaner, I would like to let a non-root user pin the buffer in GTT (so change the ioctl rights) and write one more ioctl to make the CPU pages unevictable in shmfs (if I am right)

I would like to write an external module on top of i915 for these two functions. However, I am not sure I can get symbols from i915 properly. Is a i915 patch the only solution?

Cheers,
Ben