Freescale Linux BSP review

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Dec 20 12:09:04 PST 2010

> My point which people keep missing is that graphics stacks are a
> single entity, that span kernel and userspace, one cannot exist
> without the other, and there are interfaces that join them.

As a copyright holder on the kernel I'll also remind the people concerned
that the definition of a derivative work is a legal not a technical one
and if the kernel and user space cannot be used except together and one
half depends on GPL elements I hope your lawyers have reviewed it
carefully. I have never given anyone permission to link my GPL kernel
contributions with anything but GPL code, modular or otherwise, except
according to the derivative work rules laid down by the GPL (and indeed
by the boundaries placed on copyright law).

Alan