Suspend lockup: How to bisect d-r-t specific commits?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:44:49 PDT 2010

2010/7/20 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
> W dniu 20 lipca 2010 18:21 użytkownik Alex Deucher
> <alexdeucher at gmail.com> napisał:
>> The last upstream -rc to get merged into d-r-t was 2.6.35-rc4.  If
>> -rc4 works, you could try bisecting from that point:
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=815c4163b6c8ebf8152f42b0a5fd015cfdcedc78
>
> My bad, there is some regression in 2.6.35-rc4 (or even earlier) that
> was fixed in 2.6.35-rc5.
>
> Do you mind if I ask how can I locally merge current Linus's tree into
> local d-r-t? :)

It's been a while since I merged a remote, but I think the following
should work.  If you have Dave's tree cloned, you'll need to add
Linus' tree:
git remote add linus
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
Then fetch the changes from his tree:
git fetch linus
Then merge Linus' tree into your local tree:
git pull linus

Alex