[patch] i915: take struct_mutex in i915_dma_cleanup()

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 08:05:45 PDT 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:47:18 -0700, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Reminds me, Gordon can you add module unload testing to your set of
> basic daily tests?  To unload you need to unbind the fbcon interface
> first, my script is like this:
>
> echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind
> rmmod i915
> rmmod drm_kms_helper
> rmmod drm
> modprobe i915
> echo 1 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind

To which we could even add a kmemleak check.
After rmmod drm and before reloading i915:
echo scan > /sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak
cat /sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak > `hostname`-leaks.txt

If the output is not empty, file a bug. [Of course this means having to
compile kmemleak into the kernel. The DEBUG_KMEMLEAK option is found under
Kernel Hacking.] And since each generation has slightly different
initialization stanzas, we need to repeat the test on all platforms.