[git pull] drm fixes

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 7 14:39:28 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 14:17 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> and that changelog doesn't really explain it either ("fix leak"? Ok, I can
> see the iput() fixing the leak - but you also did that jffs2_clear_inode()
> change, and that has no explanation what-so-ever.

jffs2_clear_inode() is the file system's ->clear_inode method, so it
gets called from the VFS when the inode is destroyed, after iput().

I suppose that ought to have been a clue, right from the very beginning,
that we should never have been calling it directly on our error paths.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation