RV630 KMS PM info on tables requested

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:11:14 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Klaus Doblmann B.A.
<klaus.doblmann at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Will do so at the end of the week when (hopefully) 2.6.34-rc6 is out
>> > and I have mor etime on my hands.
>> > Could you a bit more explicit on how I could set a static power mode
>> > via sysfs? I've never worked with sysfs before so some hints would be
>> > greatly appreciated.
>>
>> enable/disable dynpm:
>> echo 1 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/dynpm
>>
>> force a static power state:
>> echo 1.0 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_state
>>
>> Alex
>>

> Hi Alex,
>
> I just built drm-radeon-testing as I saw the patches have already
> been merged there.
> It built fine, I updated the firmware files as the Xor-Wiki suggests,
> but when I boot into the resulting kernel with dynpem on my screen goes
> all wonky, a portion on the right side is missing and I've got vertical
> lines running down the screen. Somehow I managed to look at dmesg and
> saw that the speed was being set correctly (it even set the lowest one
> available).

Thing should work better with the patches here:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/pm-drt/
on top of d-r-t.

> When I tried "sudo echo 0 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/dynpm" to see
> whether switching off dynpm would fix the "drunken" screen the system
> told me I was not permitted to access the file...

You need to be root to access the file.  sudo can't handle redirects,
so you need something like:
sudo bash -c "echo 0 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/dynpm"