Linux 2.6.39-rc3

Joerg Roedel joro at 8bytes.org
Fri Apr 15 07:33:50 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 03:16:50PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> Ok, but how did the allocation changes start triggering this error in
> v2.6.39-rc1? There must still be some layout specific thing here, right?
> Do we understand the details of that as well?

No, I must admit that I lack enough knowledge about the GPU hardware to
make an guess how this tanslation-request happened. All I can tell is
the address that was reported in the MCE, it is 0xa0001000 (==the second
page of the GART aperture).

Maybe Alex can help here. Alex, may it be possible that the GPU
generates DMA requests in the GTT area before the GTT is activated (or
the activation is completed)? Or can you imagine any other reason?

	Joerg