i915: -next: have to switch terms after display goes to sleep

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Aug 22 09:50:51 PDT 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:47:49 +0300, Dan Carpenter <error27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In linux-next 3.1.0-rc2-next-20110819+ when the screen goes to sleep
> then the screen doesn't refresh properly until I switch to a
> non-graphical TTY and then come back.  It does this every time.

> The gnome tool bar at the top of my screen partly shows up, and the
> window outlines are there.  I can click on the terminal icon on my
> gnome tool bar and the terminals start, but I just can't see them.

Can you describe your environment a bit more completely? A kernel log
with drm.debug=0x4, the output of 'xrandr' and which gnome environment
and operating system you're running.

What is the most recent revision which did work? Can you bisect to find
out which commit caused this change?

If you'd file all of this as a bug on freedesktop.org, we'll make sure
to track it and get it fixed.

keith.packard at intel.com