Intel i915 freeze on latest git

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 04:05:52 PST 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:22:02 +0100, Francesco Allertsen <fallertsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris and all,
>
> I have tried the latest git (-rc3) and I get a complete freeze when X
> starts.

It would be useful to give us a few more details, such the drm.debug=0xe
dmesg and the Xorg.log (from when it does starts!), and explain what you
mean by complete freeze? Such as is the machine still accessible over the
network, did it die whilst oopsing, etc.

Several other 'hangs when X starts' were resolved with

commit 9334ef755f060e251f3f395caeda1a58b6834ea3