[BISECTED] commit 619efb1059 makes the MacBookPro2, 2 screen flicker like its broken or half plugged in

Justin Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:33:27 PST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Justin P. Mattock
>> <justinmattock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> With the current HEAD Im getting screen flickering really bad to
>>> point where
>>> it looks like the screen is damaged and/or half plugged-in etc..
>>>
>>> the bisect pointed to here:
>>>
>>> commit 619efb105924d8cafa0c1dd9389e9ab506f5425d
>>>
>>> doing a git revert 619efb10592
>>> gets the screen working properly again.
>>> I havent looked much through the code to see if I can fix this.
>>> for the time
>>> being I'll revert this on my machine with the current, until later
>>> on.
>>
>> The attached patch should fix it assuming I got your pci ids correct.
>> I'm done with the pll stuff; too may fixes break other boards.  Just
>> add a quirk table and be done with it.
>>

> The attached patch builds on the previous one and fixes an additional
> regression.
>
> Alex
>
> <0001-drm-radeon-kms-pll-quirk-cleanup.patch>

alright... didn't mean to keep you waiting(out of my office for most
of the day)..
Anyways patch applied, and everything looks good no screen jitters or
flickering etc..

Reported-and-Tested-by: Justin P. Mattock<justinmattock at gmail.com>

Thanks for sending this my way so my machine works..

cheers,

Justin P. Mattock