wavy output in arrandale

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 04:02:07 PST 2011

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:15:14 -0300, "Gustavo F. Padovan" <gustavo at padovan.org> wrote:
> In bug #28306 at freedesktop.org[0] you created that fixed the problem and pushed
> it to the -next. However I'm not seeing that patch anymore in linux-next and I
> have to apply it by hand to have my VGA working properly. Is there a reason to
> remove this patch from -next?

The issue is that there is but a single clock source for the outputs, and
we were not correctly handling the cases where we needed both SSC and
non-SSC outputs. As a result the patch caused us to lose sync on external
DP in some configurations, and so I needed to back out the change until we
can fix it correctly.
-Chris