nouveau Ignoring invalid EDID block 1 xrandr can't change resolution on monitor two (dualdisplay)

zaverel zaverel at free.fr
Tue Jun 14 03:58:00 PDT 2011

Hello ,

All is fine except i can't change resolution on my second monitor vga
(reported as DVI-I-2 )
(tv in fact) anymore
with my 9400gt.

Now , i'm on :

linux-2.6.39-gentoo-r1
xorg-server-1.10.2
xf86-video-nouveau-0.0.16_pre20110323
libdrm-2.4.25

whatever i valid with xrandr is not really do on my tv
although xrandr say it's good , my tv always report 1202x670 50hz

I tried with and without xorg.conf

My last kernel working is linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r6.

see you.