Reverting rc6 by default

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jun 21 08:28:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:21:33 +0200, Francesco Allertsen <fallertsen at gmail.com> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/mixed

> Now, I have a Lenovo X201s, and if you need more information for
> debugging purpose just let me know, otherwise just apply the patch
> attached (on top of -rc4).

Given the number of X201s machines running this kernel (like the one I'm
using right now), I'd love to get this fixed for you instead of
disabling rc6 -- rc6 is worth a ton of power savings.

Please describe your configuration (which OS, which X and i915 driver
versions) and then send along a kernel log with drm.debug=0x04 so we can
see what's going on. If you stick these in a bugzilla entry, we'll not
lose track of them.

keith.packard at intel.com