[git pull] drm fixes

Ilija Hadzic ihadzic at research.bell-labs.com
Thu Mar 24 08:49:56 PDT 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> In other words: Why should I pull this at all?

You should pull it (eventually) because it fixes a problem that is real
and visible and does it in a way that is conservative enough to not risk
introducing new breakage.

Whether you should pull it now or wait until you get convinced that we
got our act together is totally your call.

Speaking as the author of the patch, what Dave pushed this morning is good
enough for me. I spent quite a bit of time testing all the usage patterns
(including the latest version pushed to you) and I can assert that the
change is safe.

I can't speak for others, but I have not seen any additional complaints.

-- Ilija