[REGRESSION]: hibernate/sleep regression w/ bisection

Andrew Watts akwatts at ymail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:34:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 09:14:31AM -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Andrew, can you please kill the X server after the hang and see
> whether that brings the system back?  I think sshd should still work
> and if not you can write a script to kill the X server after 30secs
> after resume (and kill that script if resume succeeds).

Hi Tejun & Jerome.

Tejun: My script killed X after a small wait from a bad resume. I am returned
to the funcioning calling console. I can then re-start X and all subsystems
seem to working fine.

Jerome: I posted a post-bad-resume dmesg snippet with a GPU lockup warning
and trace here:

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1210057

Did you need to see more?

Thanks.