3.2-rc2+: Reported regressions from 3.0 and 3.1

Andy Lutomirski luto at amacapital.net
Mon Nov 21 14:29:02 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Linus Torvalds
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw at sisk.pl> wrote:
>>
>> Subject    : hugetlb oops on 3.1.0-rc8-devel
>> Submitter  : Andy Lutomirski <luto at amacapital.net>
>> Date       : 2011-11-01 22:20
>
> Despite the subject line, that's not an oops, it's a BUG_ON().
>
> And it *should* be fixed by commit ea4039a34c4c ("hugetlb: release
> pages in the error path of hugetlb_cow()") although I don't think Andy
> ever confirmed that (since it was hard to trigger).

I haven't seen it again, but that probably doesn't mean anything.
I've also fixed a bug in some userspace software I was running, and
that fix means I'm probably not stressing that part of the kernel
anymore.  (Even without the fix, it took two weeks to hit this.)