[RFC 0/4] Add NVIDIA Tegra DRM support

Thierry Reding thierry.reding at avionic-design.de
Thu Apr 19 10:35:37 PDT 2012

Before posting the next round of patches I wanted to clarify whether we need
to take the Tegra driver through staging. Lucas brought this up referring to
previous experience with Nouveau where Linus used to complain that userspace
ABI was broken for non-staging drivers. I don't know how relevant that is
for Tegra. We could also keep it in drivers/gpu/drm and only add userspace
interfaces that we are sure are not going to change. Currently there isn't
isn't anything that could be easily broken as only some of the standard DRM
interfaces are supported anyway.

Alternatively we could keep the driver in a separate tree until it becomes
mature enough.

Any thoughts?

Thierry