Reworking of GPU reset logic

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:47:08 PDT 2012

2012/4/19 Christian König <deathsimple at vodafone.de>:
> This includes mostly fixes for multi ring lockups and GPU resets, but it should general improve the behavior of the kernel mode driver in case something goes badly wrong.
>
> On the other hand it completely rewrites the IB pool and semaphore handling, so I think there are still a couple of problems in it.
>
> The first four patches were already send to the list, but the current set depends on them so I resend them again.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian.

I did a quick review, it looks mostly good, but as it's sensitive code
i would like to spend sometime on
it. Probably next week. Note that i had some work on this area too, i
mostly want to drop all the debugfs
related to this and add some new more usefull (basicly something that
allow you to read all the data
needed to replay a locking up ib). I also was looking into Dave reset
thread and your solution of moving
reset in ioctl return path sounds good too but i need to convince my
self that it encompass all possible
case.

Cheers,
Jerome