Updated -next

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Apr 27 04:45:42 PDT 2012

Hi Dave,

A new drm-intel-next pull. Highlights:
- More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
  known issues fixed.
- Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
- rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
- Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
- Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
- More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
  merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning :(
- More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
- intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
- Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
- And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.

Note that this pull request also contains a backmerge of -rc3 to sort out
a few things in -next. I've also had to frob the shortlog a bit to exclude
anything that -rc3 brings in with this pull.

Regression wise we have a few strange bugs going on, but for all of them
closer inspection revealed that they've been pre-existing, just now
slightly more likely to be hit. And for most of them we have a patch
already. Otherwise QA has not reported any regressions, and I'm also not
aware of anything bad happening in 3.4.

For 3.4 Ken discovered that one of the snb workarounds in -next is
required to fix hangs in google maps and tons of other apps, so expect
another -fixes pull.

Cheers, Daniel

The following changes since commit effbc4fd8e37e41d6f2bb6bcc611c14b4fbdcf9b:

  Merge branch 'drm-intel-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel into drm-core-next (2012-04-12 10:27:01 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel tags/drm-intel-next-2012-04-23

for you to fetch changes up to a85d4bcb8a0cd5b3c754f98ff91ef2b9b3a73bc5:

  drm/i915: rc6 residency (fix the fix) (2012-04-23 09:30:14 +0200)

Armin Reese (1):
      drm/i915: Mask reserved bits in display/sprite address registers

Ben Widawsky (10):
      drm/i915: add rc6 residency times to debugfs
      drm/i915: use semaphores for the display plane
      drm/i915: rc6 in sysfs
      drm/i915: i915_gem_object_sync must handle NULL
      drm/i915: fix for when semaphore updates fail
      drm/i915: hide (seqno-1) in ringbuffer code
      drm/i915: [sparse] trivial sparse fixes
      drm/i915: [sparse] don't use variable size arrays
      drm/i915: [GEN7] Use HW scheduler for fixed function shaders
      drm/i915: rc6 residency (fix the fix)

Chris Wilson (25):
      drm/i915: Reorganise rules for get_fence/put_fence
      drm/i915: Ironlake shares the same video sprite controls as Sandybridge
      drm/i915: Allow concurrent read access between CPU and GPU domain
      drm/i915: Trigger hangcheck if we detect more a repeating missed IRQ
      drm/i915: Refactor the deferred PM_IIR handling into a single function
      drm/i915: Export the generic, not arch specific, intel_update_watermarks()
      drm/i915/sprite: Always enable the scaler on IronLake
      drm/i915/dp: Flush any outstanding work to turn the VDD off
      drm/i915: Always flush tiling changes before accessing through the GTT
      drm/i915: Replace open coded MI_BATCH_GTT
      drm/i915: Unpin the flip target if we fail to queue the flip
      drm/i915: intel_update_fbc() requires struct_mutex, so no longer atomic
      drm/i915: Don't set a MBZ bit in gen2/3 MI_FLUSH
      drm/i915: Wait for all pending operations to the fb before disabling the pipe
      drm/i915: Remove the pipelined parameter from get_fence()
      drm/i915: Remove fence pipelining
      drm/i915: Remove unused ring->setup_seqno
      drm/i915: Discard the unused obj->last_fenced_ring
      drm/i915: Simplify fence finding
      drm/i915: Remove the unsightly "optimisation" from flush_fence()
      drm/i915: Prepare to consolidate fence writing
      drm/i915: Refactor put_fence() to use the common fence writing routine
      drm/i915: Refactor fence clearing to use the common fence writing routine
      drm/i915: Refactor get_fence() to use the common fence writing routine
      drm/i915: Silence the change of LVDS sync polarity

Daniel Kurtz (9):
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: handle zero-length writes
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: use double-buffered writes
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: always wait for IDLE before clearing NAK
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: use WAIT cycle, not STOP
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: use INDEX cycles for i2c read transactions
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: reuse GMBUS2 value read in polling loop
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: remove POSTING_READ() from gmbus transfers
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: handle zero-length reads
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: reduce verbosity of some messages

Daniel Vetter (24):
      drm/i915: simplify ppgtt setup
      drm/i915: re-init modeset hw state after gpu reset
      drm/i915: rip out ring->irq_mask
      drm/i915: set ring->size in common ring setup code
      drm/i915: dynamically set up the render ring functions and params
      drm/i915: dynamically set up bsd ring functions and params
      drm/i915: dynamically set up blt ring functions and parameters
      drm/i915: don't set up rings on gen6+ for non-kms
      drm/i915: consolidate ring->sync-to functions
      drm/i915: abstract away ring-specific irq_get/put
      drm/i915: split out the gen5 ring irq get/put functions
      drm/i915: don't enable the gen6 bsd ring tail write enable on gen7
      drm/i915: split up ring->dispatch_execbuffer functions
      drm/i915: consolidate ring->add_request a bit
      drm/i915: don't set up gem ring functions on gen5 for !kms
      drm/i915: inline enable/disable_irq into ring->get/put_irq
      drm/i915: don't pwrite tiled objects through the gtt
      Merge tag 'v3.4-rc3' into drm-intel-next-queued
      drm/i915: implement a media hang w/a
      drm/i915: set w/a bit for snb pagefaults
      drm/i915: properly set ppgtt cacheability on snb
      drm/i915: implement w/a for incorrect guarband clipping
      drm/i915: set stc evict disable lra evict w/a
      drm/i915: invalidate render cache on gen2

Dave Airlie (1):
      drm/i915/tv: fix open-coded ARRAY_SIZE.

Eugeni Dodonov (13):
      drm/i915: add definition of LPT FDI port width registers
      drm/i915: add WRPLL divider programming bits
      drm/i915: share forcewaking code between IVB and HSW
      drm/i915: haswell has 3 pipes as well
      drm/i915: share IVB cursor routine with Haswell
      drm/i915: disable rc6 on haswell for now
      drm/i915: move fbc-related functionality into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: move watermarks settings into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: fix line breaks in intel_pm
      drm/i915: move drps, rps and rc6-related functions to intel_pm
      drm/i915: move emon functionality into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: move clock gating functionality into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: add generic power management initialization

Jesse Barnes (6):
      drm/i915: use register name when disabling VGA
      drm/i915: make DP configuration vars less confusing in ironlake_crtc_mode_se
      drm/i915: check PPS regs for sanity when using eDP
      drm/i915: disable turbo on ValleyView for now
      drm/i915: allow PCH PWM override on IVB
      drm/i915: IBX+ doesn't have separate vsync/hsync controls on the VGA DAC

--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48