Include request for reset-rework branch.

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Mon Apr 30 08:37:27 PDT 2012

On 30.04.2012 17:12, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Jerome Glisse<j.glisse at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Christian König
>> <deathsimple at vodafone.de>  wrote:
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> if nobody has a last moment concern please include the following patches in drm-next.
>>>
>>> Except for some minor fixes they have already been on the list for quite some time,
>>> but I intentional left out the debugfs related patches cause we haven't finished the
>>> discussion about them yet.
>>>
>>> If you prefer to merge them directly, I also made them available as reset-rework
>>> branch here: git://people.freedesktop.org/~deathsimple/linux
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Christian.
>>>
>> I am not completely ok, i am against patch 5. I need sometime to review it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jerome
> Sorr mean patch 7
I just started to wonder :) what's wrong with patch 7?

Please keep in mind that implementing proper locking in the lower level
objects allows us to remove quite some locking in the upper layers.

By the way, do you mind when I dig into the whole locking stuff of the
kernel driver a bit more? There seems to be allot of possibilities to
cleanup and simplify the overall driver.

Cheers,
Christian.