Enhancing EDID quirk functionality

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 21:23:10 PDT 2012

Well, it took me 4 months to find the time, but I finally had a
crack addressing the ideas you mentioned in your last response.

I believe that the patch in the following note does everything
that you wanted, and hopefully it's all straightforward enough
that it doesn't require a lot of explanation.

I have tested this on both 32- and 64-bit x86 systems, but I
don't have access to any big-endian hardware, so an extra-
careful look at the parts where I swizzle the bytes in the EDID
display ID data is probably warranted.

Thanks!