linux-3.3-rc2 and radeon kms failure on ppc32 with Radeon X1650PRO pcie

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Feb 16 00:52:19 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 09:26 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > For that one, I'd try adding some more debugging output to
> > > radeon_get_bios() to find out which method it ends up using to
> retrieve
> > > the ROM contents, and why it doesn't look like it's an ATOM BIOS.
> >
> > Is it an Apple card or an x86 card ? Apple cards don't have the BIOS
> in
> > the right place unfortunately.
>
> I don't think there ever were any Mac Editions of FireGL cards, and if
> it wasn't an x86 card, I'd expect different error messages.

There is -one- Mac edition of r5xx actually :-) I have one of them...
It's PCIe and came as an option for the PCIe latest generation G5s. At
some point Alex gave me a BIOS ROM file that we could use to get the
ATOM stuff from, but we never quite sorted out distribution and so never
added mechanisms to use it from the driver.

Cheers,
Ben.