[radeon] Monitor not turning on after DisplayPort re-plug in Xorg

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at onelan.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 02:00:11 PST 2012

Hi all,

On a AMD G-T56N (Radeon HD 6310) box connected to the monitor via DisplayPort
monitor does not come on after re-plugging the display cable but claims to be
in power save.

At the same time, according to xrandr it is connected and displaying.

Stopping Xorg and monitor comes back up displaying the console.

Re-pluging the display cable with no Xorg running is fine.

I wanted to  attach a debug drm log but at 400k compressed it is to big. I can
email it on request. Log itself which ends after cable re-plug when Xorg is
running. That is when the display goes into power save. Before that in the
same log you can find Xorg starting up and before that a successful cable re-
plug when X was not running.

All this is with kernel.org 3.3.0-rc4 kernel. Xorg packages are:

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.11.3-1.fc16.x86_64
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.14.3-8.20120209gite20284409.fc16.x86_64

If someone could provide hints on how to debug this further it would be
appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tvrtko