[KORG]Help: how to submit a kernel driver to kernel.org

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:22:58 PST 2012

> I’m from Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NasdaqGS:SIMO) Shanghai
> Office. We have developed a kernel driver for all our graphics chips. We
> really want to know how to submit out driver to kernel.org. Would you please
> help to find the appropriate maintainer and the procedure for how to submit
> the driver to kernel.org. Thank you very much.

http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers

Please see this file, and then generally you need to publish the
patches on this list, in a reviewable form.

That would mean splitting up the driver into chunks that we can
absorb, along with a detailed email
about what hardware, features and userspace interface the driver provides.

Dave.