Suspend/resume/suspend broken in Linux 3.5-rc5

Sven Joachim svenjoac at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 09:00:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm sorry having to report that I'm only able to suspend once with Linux
3.5-rc5; any subsequent attempts fail.  This is a regression from 3.4
where suspend/resume worked flawlessly and arbitrarily often on my
machine.

Bisection show that the problem was introduced in commit c420b2dc8dc:

,----
| commit c420b2dc8dc3cdd507214f4df5c5f96f08812cbe
| Author: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs at redhat.com>
| Date:   Tue May 1 20:48:08 2012 +1000
|
|     drm/nouveau/fifo: turn all fifo modules into engine modules
|
|     Been tested on each major revision that's relevant here, but I'm sure there
|     are still bugs waiting to be ironed out.
|
|     This is a *very* invasive change.
|
|     There's a couple of pieces left that I don't like much (eg. other engines
|     using fifo_priv for the channel count), but that's an artefact of there
|     being a master channel list still.  This is changing, slowly.
|
|     Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs at redhat.com>
`----

My graphics cards is the following:

VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G86 [GeForce 8500 GT] (rev a1)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
       Sven