Tegra DRM device tree bindings

Hiroshi Doyu hdoyu at nvidia.com
Tue Jun 26 06:02:24 PDT 2012

Hi Thierry,

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:55:13 +0200
Thierry Reding <thierry.reding at avionic-design.de> wrote:

> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
>
> Hi,
>
> while I haven't got much time to work on the actual code right now, I
> think it might still be useful if we could get the device tree binding
> to a point where everybody is happy with it. That'll also save me some
> time once I get to writing the code because I won't have to redo it over
> again. =)
>
> So here's the current proposal:
>
> 	host1x {
> 		compatible = "nvidia,tegra20-host1x", "simple-bus";
> 		reg = <0x50000000 0x00024000>;
> 		interrupts = <0 64 0x04   /* cop syncpt */
> 			      0 65 0x04   /* mpcore syncpt */
> 			      0 66 0x04   /* cop general */
> 			      0 67 0x04>; /* mpcore general */
>
> 		#address-cells = <1>;
> 		#size-cells = <1>;
>
> 		ranges = <0x54000000 0x54000000 0x04000000>;
>
> 		status = "disabled";
>
> 		gart = <&gart>;
> output and hooks up a static EDID block with the LVDS output. There is
> also a carveout property which might be a better replacement for the
> "crippled" GART on Tegra20. Alternatively the CMA might work just as
> well instead.
>
> The Plutux can be described like this:
>
> 	host1x {
> 		carveout = <0x0e000000 0x02000000>;

As discussed in the following ML thread previously, the necessary info
related to the "gart" would be got from the standard IOMMU API(or
something above layers, DMABUF or TTM?). So I don't think that we need
to refer to "gart" and "carveout" here in the end.

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/iommu/2012-June/004266.html