[korg]help: How to submit a kernel driver on kernel.org.

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:05:44 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 14:28 +0800, Aaron.Chen 陈俊杰 wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m from Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NasdaqGS:SIMO) Shanghai Office. We have developed a kernel driver for all our graphics chips. We really want to know the way to submit a kernel driver to kernel.org. I have received a document file which is on http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers, but I still cannot find out a place to where our drivers should be uploaded. The document say “please submit it to the maintainer listed in MAINTAINERS in the kernel file.”So where can I find the maintainer and what to do next. Would you please help me. Thank you so much.
>
> Regards
> Aaron

All you need to do is send the kernel patch to
dri-devel at lists.freedesktop.org

So they can get reviewed. Once they are reviewed, and if they comply
with the requirement, the DRM maintainer (aka Dave) will integrate
your patch in his tree and at some point ask Linus to pull them.

There is no ftp, or http web submission, everything is done through
public mailing list.

Cheers,
Jerome