i915_driver_irq_handler: irq 42: nobody cared

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Thu May 3 14:54:22 PDT 2012

On Thu, 03 May 2012 23:16:02 +0200
Jiri Slaby <jslaby at suse.cz> wrote:

> >> Yeah, no IRQ_NONE at the end of i915_driver_irq_handler now. So MSI is
> >> busted, either in the card, the chipset or the kernel. Any idea how to
> >> find out?
> >
> > Ok, so MSI is busted. Can you please paste lspci -nn for you intel gpu?
>
> Sure:
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31
> Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:29c2] (rev 02)

Ok nevermind about the INTx-; now I'm not sure if it means anything or
not in an MSI context (the spec doesn't require it, but I thought our
devices would toggle it if they were sending interrupts).

But since line level works for you I guess it's ok to blacklist your
chipset until we poke some hw folks internally about this.

Thanks,