[next][PATCH 2/3] drm/radeon/hdmi: update modesetting

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 14:40:19 PDT 2012

2012/5/26 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
> 2012/5/26 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
>> 2012/5/6 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
>>> +               WREG32(HDMI0_AUDIO_PACKET_CONTROL + offset,
>>> +                      HDMI0_AUDIO_SAMPLE_SEND | /* send audio packets */
>>> +                      HDMI0_AUDIO_DELAY_EN(1) | /* default audio delay */
>>> +                      HDMI0_AUDIO_SEND_MAX_PACKETS | /* send NULL packets if no audio is available */
>>> +                      HDMI0_AUDIO_PACKETS_PER_LINE(3) | /* should be suffient for all audio modes and small enough for all hblanks */
>>> +                      HDMI0_60958_CS_UPDATE); /* allow 60958 channel status fields to be updated */
>> Alex, I've problem with the above code. I've arrived to my parent's
>> house and I noticed audio doesn't work anymore with Onkyo TX-SR605.
>> The problem is caused by:
>> Setting this bit doesn't seem to be problem for my Denon 1912, so I
>> didn't notice that earlier. Before the rewrite modesetting we weren't
>> set that bit, so it's actually a regression for my case with Onkyo.
>> Can you say something more about this bit? My only solution is to just
>> don't set it, but maybe there's a better one?
> The same happens when I connect my RV620 directly to the TV (not using
> Onkyo between as audio receiver). My TV is Sony BRAVIA KDL-52X3500.
> Setting bit HDMI0_AUDIO_SEND_MAX_PACKETS also causes no audio in TV.

Last e-mail for today (well, it's only 25 minutes left here ;) ). I've
decided to give fglrx a chance (12.4).

1) RV620 connected directly to Sony BRAVIA KDL-52X3500
[   234.399] (WW) fglrx(0): Incorrect HDMI dongle found, HDMI audio disabled.
I couldn't play anything.

2) RV620 connected to Onkyo TX-SR605
Audio playing, but fglrx set 0x7408 to:
so it seems fglrx isn't using
Setting that bit while using fglrx broke audio.

I did one more test with a different TV: Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S40xx. The
results are the same. fglrx sets 0x7408 to: 0x10020011 (so
HDMI0_AUDIO_SEND_MAX_PACKETS is not set). Setting that bit manually
(while using fglrx) breaks audio.

It just seems to me we shouldn't set that bit at all...


More information about the dri-devel mailing list