i915: GPU hung (F14, Intel Core i5-670)

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon May 28 00:06:35 PDT 2012

On Sun, 27 May 2012 18:26:05 -0700, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> i915_error_state contents attached. I haven't done the bejeweled thing
> in a while, but it used to work fine, so I'm pretty sure this is new.
> There seems to have been a fair amount of ringbuffer and fencing work
> by Chris since 3.4, so..
>
> Any other information I can give you guys?

No, the i915_error_state had everything I needed to see. It is the old
ddx bug that was hardcoding a maximum relocation address that never
corresponded with an actual hw limit. As soon we try to use memory above
that value, the GPU decides not to listen to us any more.

Fixed in xf86-video-intel 2.14.901
-Chris