exynos-drm 1024x768 HDMI output

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Fri Dec 13 08:45:09 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Daniel Drake <drake at endlessm.com> wrote:
> Lets just accept the fact that the first line of the output image is
> rendered badly. Specifically, it has 257 black pixels added onto the
> end of it. The following rows do not exhibit that problem.
>
> To accept and ignore this oddity, I want to make the device start
> outputting the image exactly 1024+257 pixels too early. i.e. I want
> 1281 junk pixels before the image starts.
>
> Then, I want to adjust the timing parameters appropriately so that
> those junk pixels do not appear on the display. I want those 1281 junk
> pixels to be sent to the display during the horizontal scans that
> happen before the top left visible pixel is clocked. I think I'm
> saying: I want to adjust the field of view so that those 1281 junk
> pixels are rendered inside the vertical back porch.

Nearly got something working along these lines:

tg->vact_st -= 1
tg->vact_sz += 1

Now the 257 bad pixels start at the top left of my display (rather
than on the second row of visible pixels), and that causes the
annoying horizontal wrap that I wrote about in my first mail.
So add from earlier:
tg->hact_st -= 257
tg->hact_sz + 257

Now the displayed image looks good.

But looking closer, I am missing the first horizontal row of pixels,
and the rightmost vertical column of pixels.

Daniel