drm_do_probe_ddc_edid ENXIO check too aggressive?

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Mon Dec 16 14:55:19 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> This usually happens if the hpd isn't properly recessed and we start
> the i2c transaction while the physical connection hasn't been
> established properly yet. If you're _really_ slow and careful you can
> probably even break your current delay (presuming this theory is
> correct).

Hmm yes, I think you are probably right. Without touching the HDMI
cable I disconnect and reconnect the power cable of my TV. Presumably
that plug is more "atomic" :)

When I do that, it detects the resolution fine.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this then? Anything nicer
than e.g. a 1 second delay before processing hpd events? That would
still fail in the "slow connect" case but might be the best option?

Daniel