drm_do_probe_ddc_edid ENXIO check too aggressive?

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Wed Dec 18 12:18:56 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Daniel Kurtz <djkurtz at chromium.org> wrote:
> +seanpaul
>
> I think the problem is that the hdmi irq is really just an undebounced
> gpio interrupt, and thus, it is firing way too soon.
> The chromium kernel adds an excplicit 1.1 second timer to debounce hpd
> between the hdmi hpd-gpio irq and taking any action (ie reading the
> edid).  I believe this will eventually make its way upstream, but is
> still pending some other patches:
>
> http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/kernel-next.git;a=blob;f=drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_hdmi.c;h=1258c67e87f360c846c64bb3f04436a68018b4fe;hb=refs/heads/chromeos-3.8#l2647

Yes, this looks very similar to the approach I tried earlier. I guess
the patch was written for the same reasons as well.
Sean, any objections to me taking your patch and sending it upstream?

http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/kernel-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=77aed71acf4b84e722ead24c820d8ad059121e5b

Thanks
Daniel