drm/crtc-helper: explicit DPMS on after modeset

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Wed Jul 24 09:12:56 PDT 2013

Hello Daniel Vetter,

The patch 25f397a429df: "drm/crtc-helper: explicit DPMS on after
modeset" from Jul 19, 2013, leads to the following warning:
"drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c:681 drm_crtc_helper_set_config()
	 info: ignoring unreachable code."

drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c
   671                  for (ro = 0; ro < set->num_connectors; ro++) {
   672                          if (set->connectors[ro] == connector) {
   673                                  new_encoder = connector_funcs->best_encoder(connector);
   674                                  /* if we can't get an encoder for a connector
   675                                     we are setting now - then fail */
   676                                  if (new_encoder == NULL)
   677                                          /* don't break so fail path works correct */
   678                                          fail = 1;
   679                                  break;
   680

The new code below comes after a break statement and won't ever be run.

   681                                  if (connector->dpms != DRM_MODE_DPMS_ON) {
   682                                          DRM_DEBUG_KMS("connector dpms not on, full mode switch\n");
   683                                          mode_changed = true;
   684                                  }
   685                          }
   686                  }

regards,