[RFC 3/9] drm/agp: fix AGP cleanup paths

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 05:09:55 PDT 2013

Hi

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM, David Herrmann <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Introduce two new helpers, drm_agp_clear() and drm_agp_destroy() which
>> clear all AGP mappings and destroy the AGP head. This allows to reduce the
>> AGP code in core DRM and move it all to drm_agpsupport.c.
>>

> Could we do this as the first patch? it seems like it would be a nice
> thing to have standalone even with the current init paths.

I can do that. But note the error paths in all DRM bus drivers are
currently non-existent and I'd like to avoid adding them just to
remove them with drm_dev_free() again. And non-existent error-paths
means we don't catch AGP errors, except in drm_fill_in_dev().

But I guess the "->agp_destroy()" cleanup is still nicer than the
current approach. I will send the patch standalone as the rest of the
series needs more work, anyway.

Cheers
David