[REGRESSION] system does not resume from ram due to commit "drm/nv50/fifo: prevent races between clients updating playlists"

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 14:09:09 PDT 2013

My NV96 does not resume from suspend to ram (the screen stays black, magic
sysrq keys do work) with the current linus git kernel, i bisected it to the
following commit.

drm/nv50/fifo: prevent races between clients updating playlists
b5096566f6e1ee2b88324772f020ae9bc0cfa9a0

It's not obvious to me how this causes problems, but reverting this commit
does solve my problem.
--
Far away from the primal instinct, the song seems to fade away, the river
get wider between your thoughts and the things we do and say.