[TIP] Catalyst / fglrx and DVI to HDMI adapters (audio)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Tue Oct 8 10:29:54 CEST 2013

Am 08.10.2013 00:14, schrieb Dieter Nützel:
> Am 07.10.2013 11:22, schrieb Christian König:
>>> I was told on #radeon you're on holidays ;) I was trying to catch you.
>>
>> I'm on vacation right now, but got back yesterday and now greping
>> though my accumulated mails ;)

>>> Did you find any way to workaround this? So I can use my generic
>>> adapter with fglrx for audio?
>>
>> Not that I know of any, well those adapters where only used on the
>> early RV6xx HDMI days. IIRC my later RV7xx worked well with the
>> 10meters DVI->HDMI cable fglrx on RV6xx failed.
>
> Hello to both of you!
>
> Christian, is there any change to get HDMI audio out of my 2 x
> Dual-Link DVI RV730 AGP ports with one of those adapters (were can I
> get one) or is the poor little one which came with the gfx card
> (SAPPHIRE HD 4650 1GB DDR2 AGP) enough?

Hi Dieter,

for the open source driver you don't need any of those adapters. They
are only used by fglrx to identify the "original" adapters that came
with the board.

So the poor little one which came with the gfx card should be
sufficient, but if you want to use fglrx + some other adapter you might
run into problems.

Christian.