Question on DRM/DRI and X render to framebuffer memory and not to display?

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 17:04:23 CEST 2013

Hi All,

Please excuse me if this is not the right place to ask this question. If
not please point me where should I ask?

Is it possible to render to framebuffer memory or some allocated memory
with graphics stack which uses DRI/DRM and Xserver and platform without any
display port or monitor attached to it?

My goal is to render to memory and pass this rendered frame via hypervisor
to another domain/slot to display it ? As my setup is running two OS on
hyepervisor in two domain. One OS will render graphics using X and DRI/DRM
based driver and another OS running display controller driver and attached
to Monitor.

Thanking you all and waiting for reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas