Possible fb ref count issue with drm_plane_force_disable()

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Apr 15 15:01:37 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen at ti.com> wrote:

> It looks to me like drm_mode_setplane() doesn't really presume that the
> update_plane would set plane->fb or plane->crtc, as it does that itself
> (and only if update_plane has succeeded).

Yeah that's a bit of historical hilarity. ->set_config should update
crtc->primary->fb, but when calling ->update_plane the drm core will
do this for you. In both cases the plane->fb is the old fb when your
driver hook gets called.

I guess now that we have primary planes we should unify these
semantics a bit since they're fairly pointless.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation