[RFC 1/6] cec: add new driver for cec support.

Sean Young sean at mess.org
Tue Dec 30 05:32:49 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 03:32:17PM +0100, Kamil Debski wrote:
> +There are still a few todo's, the main one being the remote control support
> +feature of CEC. I need to research if that should be implemented via the
> +standard kernel remote control support.

I guess a new rc driver type RC_DRIVER_CEC should be introduced (existing
types are RC_DRIVER_IR_RAW and RC_DRIVER_SCANCODE). rc_register_device()
should not register the sysfs attributes specific for IR, but register
sysfs attributes for cec like a link to the device.

In addition there should be a new rc_type protocol RC_TYPE_CEC; now
rc_keydown_notimeout() can be called for each key press.

I guess a new keymap should exist too.

HTH

Sean