GeForce 6100 (NV4E) & nouveau regression in 3.12

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 11 03:16:08 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (b) bisect. you can (almost) definitely restrict the bisect to
>> drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau. if you have additional computational power, i
>> would recommend looking into distcc for speeding up the compiles. it
>> may be interesting to also try 3.6.x since 3.7 received a pretty big
>> rewrite. but a git bisect is a lot more direct in figuring these
>> things out :)
>
> I've already bisected commit that changed this pink line issue into a
> general screen corruption. Just to remind it was:
>
> commit c21eb21cb50d58e7cbdcb8b9e7ff68b85cfa5095
> Author: Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com>
> Date: Fri Sep 20 08:32:59 2013 +1000
>
>     Revert "drm: mark context support as a legacy subsystem"

Right, and this commit was reverting another commit --
7c510133d93dd6f15ca040733ba7b2891ed61fd1. I bet that if you check out
to right before this commit, you'll get the "general" corruption again
(it went into 3.12-rc1, the revert went into 3.12-rc2 -- I assume that
when you tested 3.11.x, the corruption was the same as in 3.12.x,
which contains both this commit and its revert).

> Would you like me to bisect commit that introduced this pink line issue?

I would like you to bisect whatever corruption you see when you tested
3.11.x -- is that the pink lines, or the flickering textures?

  -ilia