[RFCv2] drm/msm: DT support for 8960/8064

Bjorn Andersson bjorn at kryo.se
Thu Jul 17 09:08:32 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:10 AM, divya ojha <odivya77 at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Don't we need to have a if(regulator_enabled) check after
>> devm_regulator_get function ?
>> I see a similar test after camera regulator_get function call.
>
> tbh, I'm not 100% sure.

Regulators in the Qualcomm platform works by casting votes with the
RPM and there is no way to query the current state of a regulator, so
the regulator code will only return information regarding the Linux
systems votes.

So, we can unfortunately not check this.

This setup also makes it important that if we want a regulator on and
set to a certain voltage then we need to cast our vote with these
values, or some other subsystem might lower it by releasing their
votes.

Regards,
Bjorn