looking for i915 direct programming sample application

Gábor Bereczki mr.gabor.bereczki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 13:00:06 PDT 2014

Hello i915 Community,

I am looking after a "Hello world!" like simple skeleton program, from
which I could learn how to open the GPU device, how to set up memories,
etc, how to pass and execute ringbuffer. How to check resulting frame
buffer. I guess there could be such user space application, that is used
e.g for testing the driver.

Why am I asking for such a weird thing? Why isnt OpenCL , Mesa or Cairo
good for me?

Well, first of all I am a machine code enthusiast and would love to run my
own handcrafted code on the EUs. :)
Second, I am investigating if I could optimize traditional telecom
algorithms to the Intel GPU. Stuff like FFT, DFT, Goertzel , Czebishev
filters and so on.
(and yes I am checking  OpenCL, too)
Your help, as always, is very much appreciated.
With regards,

Gabor Bereczki