OMAPDSS: omap5 SYNC_LOST error with DPI/LCD

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Mon May 12 04:33:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

Re-posting as previous posting was rejected due to length.

Forgot to mention, DPI pins are connected to TDF19988 chip for HDMI
conversion.
I have build the driver for it from
https://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux/source/e7792ce2da5ded80861db787ace9b57ecf7bc96c:drivers/gpu/drm/i2c/tda998x_drv.c.
Is this the correct driver for it?

Also I am trying to use the generic-dpi-panel driver for this with OMAP5.
It seems I also need to add support for TDF19988 somewhere in omapdrm or
lcd/panel driver by calling drm_i2c_encoder_init to initialize it. Can I
use somecode from ticldc driver or driver itself? Could you please give
some inputs, how should I proceed further to adding support for TDF19988
for which the input is coming from DPI interface?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash