[radeonsi, regression] All my Steam games fail to load into the 3D-engine-powered part (SIGPWR and SIGXCPU)

Kai Wasserbäch kai at dev.carbon-project.org
Sat Nov 15 16:03:13 PST 2014

Andy Furniss wrote on 15.11.2014 23:29:
> Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
>> Kai Wasserbäch wrote on 15.11.2014 16:33:
>>> Is there anything besides a bisect you would need to debug this?
>>
>> Ok, I did a bisection, but that time was wasted for sure. My "first bad commit"
>> isn't bad at all. Is there any way to improve that experience? I'm really loathe
>> to go through the dozen boots again, just to get another broken bisection.
>
> So you don't have any bads at all on linus kernel?

Oh, yes, that was the problem. The bad commit was so obviously not the cause for
my issue and way down in Linus merge land, that I was sure that git bisect must
have skipped a bit too much somewhere (or I made a mistake with some record).

> Of course it's possible our issues aren't the same anyway.

Looking at the backtrace you've posted, I would say so. Your bug seems to happen
somewhere else. In any case, I managed to hunt my commit down.

Cheers,
Kai